Ranging from programmers to managers and engineers, everyone has been using flowcharts for decades but it seems like they aren’t the only people who can benefit from them. This is because flowcharts are meant to streamline the topics and work, which makes them suitable for everyone who needs to organize the data and create some insights.
However, creating a flowchart is often very challenging for beginners, which is why there are various best free flowchart software solutions that you can try. So, with this article, we are sharing some options to help you select the best flowchart software!
1. PDNob Mind Map - Recommended
- Free - 16 Files
- Monthly - $4.99
- Annually - $24.99
The free version is also available but the paid plan allows unlimited files, unlimited nodes, and priority customer support. Moreover, you can export HD files.
- Easy to use
- Multiple themes
- Allows files import and export
- Mind Map + Flowchart
The mind mapping technique has been around for centuries (haven’t you seen your old family members making family trees?). However, when it comes down to professional and personal lives, they are extremely undervalued and underutilized but it’s time to change it with PDNob Mind Map. This is a free online tool for people who want to create mind maps and flowcharts to organize information.
2. Google Drawings
- Integrates with Google Workspace, Google Drive, and Bit.ai
- Document-based training
- Allows charts and diagrams
- Scribble brushes for smoothening
- Allows picture import
Google Drawings is one of the easiest for creating diagrams and shapes and is a great way of adding color to the websites, presentations, and documents. In addition to Google flowchart, you can also create charts and layout diagrams.
3. Microsoft Visio
- Vision Plan 1 for $5.00 with 2GB of cloud storage
- Vision Plan 2 for $15.00 and supports apps
- Helps disseminate the complex diagrams into singular parts
- Improves professional diagrams
- Converts map data into flowcharts
- Automatically documents the process diagrams
- Secure sharing
Microsoft Visio is one of the best choices for people who need to create flowcharts and it’s great if you already have access to Office 365 products as it eases the information and chart merging. In addition, it offers various collaboration features in addition to shapes and templates.
- Free with 100 templates
- Individual plan for $7.95 with more than 1000 templates
- Team plan for $9 with more than 1000 templates and requires three users at minimum
- Enterprise (you’ve to contact for getting the price)
- Expands the canvas
- Clean diagrams and flowcharts
- Separate columns for adding context
- Allows layers and links
- Workflow editor
- Shapes can be customized
If you are looking for the best way to make a flowchart, nothing beats Lucidchart as it allows the users to create diagrams and flowcharts on an online tool and they don’t need to download anything. In addition, there is an import feature available for organizing the information and can be integrated with MS Office apps.
- $5 for over ten users
- $11 for over 20 users
- Varying diagram orientation
- Keyboard shortcut
- Drag and drop
- Scalable images
Draw.io is a perfect choice for people who are wondering how to make a flow chart. This is because it comes with in-built templates, scalable images, and predefined shapes. In addition, it can create flowcharts as well as wireframes, network diagrams, and UML diagrams. Moreover, it comes with a vector graphics editor for producing professional-grade diagrams.
- Personal plan for $5
- Standard plan for $19
- Professional plan for $38
- Management of citations and internal references
- Allows file conversion
- Structured files
LaTeX flowcharts are one of the best in the market. It’s an old software solution that allows the users to typeset the journal articles, slide presentations, and journal articles. In addition, it promises better control over large documents as it contains figures, tables, cross-references, and sectioning. Moreover, it’s extremely efficient.
- Team plan for $8
- Business plan for $16
- Enterprise plan (you’ve to contact them for pricing)
- Collaboration tools for centralized communication and editing
- Infinite canvases
- Predesigned templates
- Smart frameworks
- Screen sharing
- Allows embedding of chat, comments, and videos
Miro is one of the best platforms for people who want to make a flowchart online free without compromising on quality. It can be integrated with Google Drive, Slack, Sketch, and more. Moreover, one can embed different files while the centralized platform makes it easier to communicate with the team members for real-time changes.
- Pro plan for $54.99 on an annual basis
- Enterprise plan for $30 for a month
- Allows combination of images
- Allows to add a description, caption, and title
- Flowcharts and montages
- File format conversion
- Editing tools
- Mirror images
Canva is one of the most reliable graphic design tools available in the market and the Canva flowchart is incredibly easy to make. It can be used to create presentations and posters as well. In addition, it’s a great choice for creating banners and infographics, and one can use the web version or download a smartphone app.
- Collabora plan for $18 per user for a year
- Enterprise plan (contact for custom price quote)
- Writer tool for word processing
- Slideshow creation
- Graphic editing
- Formula editor
- Standalone tool for creating and editing charts
- Hundreds of plug-ins and add-on tools
LibreOffice is open-source software that’s incredibly easy to use and works on various devices, ranging from Mac to Windows and Mac. In addition, it works offline, so you don’t need to be worried about internet connectivity.
- Individual plan for $9.95 a month
- Team plan for $5.95 a month
- Enterprise (contact them for pricing)
- Multiple templates, diagrams, and tools
- Offline and online access
- Full-range import and export
- Allows integration with MS Office, Trello, GSuite Apps, Confluence, and Jira for collaboration and storage
- Automatic formatting
SmartDraw is designed to offer an array of tools, diagrams, and templates to help people make a SmartDraw flowchart. In addition, it can be used to create engineering and CAD diagrams, organization charts, and floor plans. One can customize the charts but there are pre-built templates as well.
While it’s evident that flowcharts promise easier data organization and understanding but it can be extremely challenging to create these flowcharts manually. For this reason, the flowchart software solutions in this article will be a great help. So, which one will you choose and use?